Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Maps of Uganda

Whenever I am getting ready to travel, I love looking at maps and getting a perspective of where I'm going in the world in relation to the continent, other countries, and how far I will be traveling while I'm there.  So if you're maps-oriented, you'll enjoy this post.

Here's a map of Uganda in relation to the world and Africa:

Here's a map I made in Google maps of my flight path:
We'll be flying from Dallas to Chicago, to Brussells in Belgium, and then to Entebbe in Uganda.  If you want to play with the map in Google, click here for the link.

Here's another map I made of where we will be traveling within Uganda:
The airplane symbol in Entebbe is where we will land.  We will then visit a church in Kampala, the capital.  The two medical symbols are at Gulu and Apac, where we will be holding medical clinics and doing health education, among other activities.  The Galileo School, which is in the process of construction, is located outside of Gulu in Bul Kur (but I couldn't locate Bul Kur on the map).  The camera icon is Murchison Falls, where we will be doing some sight-seeing.  Again, if you want to see the map in Google, click here.

I hope to add more details to these maps during my travels, so stay posted!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your posts on Uganda, Katie. Thanks for sharing! I love you and it was great getting to see you yesterday! I hope your birthday was special. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a lot of flying! I can't wait to read more updates, keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update - I loved the maps too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at maps! Thanks for sharing. You organized and laid them out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete