Hello to all you wonderful people who have made me feel so thoroughly supported and sent on this mission trip! I am leaving today! Thank you for all the prayers you have prayed already. Here are my prayer requests as my team departs:
- Safe travels; peace and calm while traveling
- That God would both speak through us and speak to us as we meet with His church in Kampala, Uganda
- For a fun celebration of the opening of the first Galileo School
- That God would give me wisdom as I hold medical clinics and do health teaching
- That God would use us to share the Gospel with those who are not Christians, as well as to strengthen and encourage the Christians there
- For wisdom for the Galileo School board as they meet with village communities and scope out the location for the next school
The names of the team members are: Scott and Georgianna Noel, Chris and Abbey Carter, Jaklin Kaden and Nick Upathum, and Anne Cates.
Here’s a tentative itinerary for what we’ll be doing over the next 17 days:
- May 21-22: Meet with Church on the Rock in Kampala
- May 23-25: We’ll be staying in Gulu and spending our days in Bul Kur at the school. There will be a field day for the children, medical clinics, and meetings with the community
- May 26-27: We’ll be staying in Apac, holding medical clinics and meeting with the community. This may be the site of the next school.
- May 28-29: We’ll travel to several villages scoping out sites for future schools (Lira, Barlonyo, and Kitgum)
- May 30-June 2: Vacation at Murchison Falls
- June 3-4: Return travel to US
Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I will take your greetings to your brothers and sisters in Christ in Uganda; and I will come back with a full report!