Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Romans 15:9-13

9.and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy ; as it is written, "THEREFORE I WILL GIVE PRAISE TO YOU AMONG THE GENTILES, AND I WILL SING TO YOUR NAME."
10.Again he says, "REJOICE, O GENTILES, WITH HIS PEOPLE."
11.And again, "PRAISE THE LORD ALL YOU GENTILES, AND LET ALL THE PEOPLES PRAISE HIM."
12.Again Isaiah says, "THERE SHALL COME THE ROOT OF JESSE, AND HE WHO ARISES TO RULE OVER THE GENTILES, IN HIM SHALL THE GENTILES HOPE."
13.Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Lord, I praise You for your mercy in providing salvation for the Gentiles. Every time I read about the Gentiles in Scripture, I think, “I am one of them.” I am a Gentile. I am not of God’s chosen nation, Israel. I am not born of the line of Abraham. I am not one of the Jews who were the first to receive Jesus’ message of salvation. But God, by His great mercy and grace, has made His gift of salvation available also to the Gentiles. He sent Paul to preach to the Gentiles. Although we are not His chosen people like the nation of Israel, He has chosen us to glorify Him by receiving His salvation.

We can praise God because He has not passed us by. He has stopped, taken notice of us, and chosen us for salvation. We can sing to His name and rejoice with great joy because of the goodness of God. He was not obligated to take us under His wing, but by His grace He made Himself our king. He is our hope- we do not have to perish but we can be saved.

I love the three words describing the Christian life in verse 13: hope, joy, and peace. What a beautiful life God has designed for those who believe in Him! It comforts me to think that hope, joy, and peace are what God desires for me when I abide in Him. I want that for my life, and I believe it is the kind of life that will attract non-believers to You. God, may my life reflect the hope, joy, and peace that You designed. I praise You for Your lovingkindness to me.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of God's abundant love for us....we are the blessed ones. Being a Gentile as well...one can't help but feel incredibly grateful that we are able to take part equally in this gift of salvation & eternal life. Thanks be to God!

    Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete